July 17, 2018

THE GOP - England Sucks EP (2005)

Great snotty hardcore from Portland with vocals that sound like a cross between Nathan Strejcek (Teen Idles/Youth Brigade) and the late John Stabb (GI). I discovered this 7" from the killer ONE TRACK TO HELL blog and dug it so much I just had to have my own copy. I added a bonus track which I'm assuming is from the same session as the EP as it's the band's only other recording out there. It's off a record called "Choke On It - A 27 Band Portland Oregon Compilation". I was originally going to upload that record on here as well but my copy has a few skips on it so I figured I'd just add the GOP's song. Shame they never didn't put out anything else.

1. England Sucks
2. West Linn
3. Portland Politics
4. Who We Are
5. Ready To Die (Bonus Track)

3 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the review man. We actually recorded a second 7" but never released it because we all went our separate ways. No idea where that recording is... wish I knew how to track it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I hope you do track it down one day, I'd love to hear it!

      Delete