April 4, 2021

VA - CBGB'S 1982 CD (2002)


 I was lucky enough to score one of these CD's off the Ratcage Records website 19 years ago as they only made a limited number of copies. Recently someone messaged me on Discogs offering me a lot of $$$ for it and if I was hurtin' for cash I might have taken them up on it. But I'm not at the moment so I figured I'd just share it on here instead. The CD itself is only 3 tracks (the full set by each band), but I spliced it up by song the best I could as live recordings can be a bit tough sometimes. If you'd prefer the tracks by set and not by song let me know. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. i need that for part of that 24 hours of hardcore collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this for years on my HD in a 320 kbps version, but only as the 3 track version, like you stated above.
    I'm very appreciative of the fact that you split the tracks (must've been alot of fun), but the copy that I have is 157 mb, and I noticed that your rip is around 132 mb...
    Any info on the quality of your rip would be much appreciated...
    Thx JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ripped it at 241-276 kbps(VBR) because I upload most of my rips to my iPhone and for some reason I have issues transferring over MP3's at 320 so I find this bitrate always works for me. Remember this a soundboard recording from 1982 so I don't it's going to sound that much better at 320. I did increase the volume from the original CD though. Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for you're response. and thanks for splitting up the tracks

    ReplyDelete