Much like their current incarnation, this 45 single is Doug And The Slugs minus Doug Bennett. Bassist Steve Bosley handles lead vocals and does an alright job here I guess. The A side is kind of a catchy little number backed up with a Police-influenced reggae tune on the flip side. Strictly for the Slugs completists (if there is such a thing).


Thanks Jimmy. I am kind of a Slugs completist. I have this 45. Doug and the Slugs were (are?) a great live band. Doug Bennett had stage charisma. Saw them multitude times.
ReplyDeleteForgot to sign into Google. That is moi above. Thanks again! Doug Bennett left us too soon.
ReplyDeleteAgreed! I only saw them live twice, unfortunately in their later years. Have you read the recent book about them by Aaron Chapman? Good read. Cheers!
DeleteYes, bought and read the book. Also a documentary 'Doug and the Slugs and Me'. I think the doc is still available on Gem.
DeleteOh yeah, I just saw that on Gem a couple months ago. Thought it was pretty good.
Delete